This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
10 Aug 2018
Full-Time Casualty Underwriter – Head Office
CASUALTY UNDERWRITER – HEAD OFFICE
This role would be a good fit for you if you:
- are looking for a job that will give you an adrenaline rush, keep you motivated and make you really feel like you are an integral part of a high functioning team
- work currently in a Canadian branch or regional underwriting role and have a strong desire to move to a head office position where you can expand and enhance your knowledge of casualty underwriting
- are extremely curious, independent and can establish and manage timelines
- are interested in a job with a strategic and operational national focus
- believe you are very proactive, self motivated, and can develop and implement a plan to work on revamping or producing underwriting guidelines or new, or enhanced, products
- want to develop or enhance project management skills and have the ability to succeed in a project driven environment with an eagerness to deliver and to go “above and beyond” and show that you have a lot of pride in the work you can accomplish
- know you have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- are a critical thinker who can see the bigger picture and understand the long-term impact of decisions and emerging trends
- really enjoy research, interacting with people and have the ability to write clear and concise technical material
- like the thrill of finding the right people, web-sites or companies who can provide the information and answers you need to obtain the breadth and depth of material to develop products, processes or guidelines
- would enjoy working with internal business partners (i.e. Learning & Development, Actuarial, IT, Reinsurance, Regional Underwriting, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing & Communications, Translation) to operationalize initiatives
- have a demonstrated ability to translate knowledge and experience into tangible opportunities for the business
- To work in conjunction with the Director, Commercial Underwriting to establish and maintain the national underwriting framework for the casualty line of business.
- To help build regional underwriting capabilities, support in building competitive industry products and support the oversight and governance of the casualty portfolio.
- To provide casualty underwriting guidance and support to the regional offices to help them achieve their sales and profitability targets.
- To undertake guideline and product development including policy wordings, and act as a resource for referrals and consultations
How to ApplyContact Carla Blackmore at 416-465-2931 or at email@example.com
490 total views, 1 today