Temporary Business Requirements Specialist
LOCATION: Winnipeg or Altona or Home Office
SCHEDULE: Full time 12-month term
REPORTS TO: Manager Products and Innovation
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Business Requirements Specialist (Junior) is responsible for assisting the team with IT related projects and business needs (including business acceptance testing), as well as maintaining some aspects of the system administration. The successful candidate is skilled at defining requirements for solutions with respect to existing/legacy and new systems, as well as emergent technologies and innovation. The candidate must have the ability to effectively work both independently as well as a member of a large local or virtual team across diverse departments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assisting with the collaboration between Information Technology department and the Business to ensure proper communication.
- Identifies, prioritizes, escalates and contributes to the resolution of minor business system defects and enhancements, project issues and mitigation of project risks.
- Participates in strategic projects as required, engaging with project team members, stakeholders, and sponsors.
- Identify and document business tasks to be completed that reside within system requirements.
- Responsible for assisting the Business Requirements Specialist (Senior) and IT Department with system implementation timing and logistics with business, including documentation, training and evaluation of implementation.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and documentation of both pre and post release processes for business.
- Support the Business Requirements Specialist (Senior) in analyzing and development of system requirements for rate/product changes and regular system maintenance releases.
- Collaborate with the Business Requirements Specialist (Senior) in the development of new processes and training requirements for system functionality.
System, Products Administration and Testing
- Responsible for completing certain BillingCenter system administration tasks, as well as backup for PolicyCenter system administration tasks.
- Assist the Product and Innovation Specialists in business, products, wordings, manuals, and marketing materials administrative and documentation requirements.
- Provide training for the Company as required.
- Gain clear understanding of business problems/opportunities to define and document detailed business requirements and associated detailed system specifications.
- Assist in Business Acceptance Testing, scenario creation, logging and analyzing defects for system releases
- Various other tasks as required.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, etc), or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, Guidewire Suite experience preferred.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience with understanding insurance business environments, operations, processes and practices.
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements and specifications.
- Experience working with Technology project methodologies, processes and practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience working with external vendors and consultants.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, including presentations and training.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently as assignment requires.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/
177 total views, 3 today