Full-Time Business Development Insurance Agent
Our client has been providing quality insurance products and serving Ontario residents since 1876. As a mutual insurance company, they are owned and directed by their policyholders. They offer a complete line of home, automobile, farm and commercial insurance products.
The Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (hereafter Agent) will leverage their extensive experience in building and fostering relationships with current and prospective clients to help the Company succeed in their target markets. The Agent will demonstrate their essential knowledge via their understanding of their territory of operation and develop a strategy that will ensure sustainable growth. With their persistence and excellent influencing skills, the Agent will drive business and revenue growth to help achieve Company objectives. The ideal Agent is self-motivated, proactive, and internal and external client-focused, intent on positioning themselves and Company as the best insurance option for current and prospective clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develops a base for long-term sources of clients, while regularly compiling and updating a list of prospective clients
· Develops and executes on new strategies to attract and retain target markets in collaboration with the Manager of Agents & Distribution
· Determines clients’ particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments and determining the extent of present coverage
· Probes for information about coverage with competitors and follows up to provide quotes in advance of renewals to maintain high client retention
· Creates a climate of trust and educates and advises clients on the benefits of our products, while adhering to the company’s underwriting rules
· Provides remarkable customer service/experience through value-based conversations and relationship building
· Communicates with adjusters to better understand the implications of claims when offering coverage
· Obtains underwriting approval by completing application(s) for coverage
· Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification
· Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the insurance industry and current trends to anticipate and address client concerns and expectations
· Represents PMI at industry functions where required and participates in networking, face-to- face meetings, and any other activities to help generate and close leads, thereby raising agent profile within the community
· Actively participate in training initiatives
· Other duties as assigned
Key Skills & Qualifications
· Five (5) or more years of experience in a producer/independent insurance agent role responsible for generating and maintaining business.
· Experience in a brokerage or agent environment is a considerable asset.
· Current RIBO or OTL license or willingness to obtain a RIBO license.
· Passion for client care; committed to delivering a top-notch client experience.
· Possesses and displays professional presentation and demeanour and a solid understanding of the strategies and tactics required for success as a PMI agent.
· Self managing with strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Experience leveraging social media to raise awareness and generate leads.
· Creative ability to influence and negotiate, with a persistent, results-oriented mindset.
· Strong team player—ability to adapt to and collaborate with various team members and individuals.
· Willing to travel to meet with current and prospective clients as required.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while staying focused on priorities.
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products; experience with Guidewire is an asset.
· Professional, reliable, and courteous to clients and colleagues.
How to ApplyInsurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role. Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment. TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume to email@example.com or call Monica for more information 416 703-5120 ext 201
29 total views, 2 today