Full-Time Business Development Advisor (Commercial Insurance)
Business Development Advisor (Commercial Insurance)
Reporting to the Director of Business Development Economical and Family Insurance, the Advisor, Business Development contributes to our Economical’s commercial growth and profitability by actively managing and growing relationships within the existing Broker network as well as building relationships with new Brokers in his/her territory.
The incumbent must be an energetic and service-oriented team player with exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills, strong ability to influence with effective negotiation skills.
Who We Are
Economical Insurance comprises a group of companies which includes Family Insurance, Sonnet, the first Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- Competitive benefits, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP matching and fitness subsidies
- We are a company that values community, wellness and work-life balance.
- We offer personal leave, paid volunteer days and additional paid time off throughout the year
As Advisor, Business Development you will be responsible for:
- delivering profitable gross written premium (GWP)
- broker evaluation within their territory
- developing and implementing sales plans
- managing pipelines at their territory and broker level
- managing relationships with his/her assigned Brokers, and acts as a point of contact for inquiries
- actively monitoring broker performance and provide guidance, support and relevant training to brokers within the territory
- leading the term negotiation, escalating and engaging Economical stakeholders where appropriate
- Collecting and escalating market intelligence, and provides input for competitive analysis
- Partnering with peers in Underwriting and Claims to provide exceptional Broker experience across multiple touchpoints
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate 2-3 day overnight travel every six weeks if required
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates in select regions
- Excellent existing broker relationships and the proven ability to create and nurture new relationships
Experience & Qualifications
- University degree in any discipline or a college diploma in a relevant discipline
- CIP designation or a commitment to completing the CIP is required.
- Additional designations are considered an asset (e.g., FCIP, Certified Sales Professional (CSP))
- Minimum of 5 years of Property and Casualty experience, preferably in sales or marketing or commercial underwriting
- Strong network of commercial broker relationships within British Columbia
- Preference will be given to candidates with sales experience and/or previous commercial lines underwriting experience
How to ApplyQualified candidates are required to please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for this opportunity and a copy of your resume at careers.familyins.com. Family’s office is located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit. The company offers a supportive and collaborative work culture with great employee perks. We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
148 total views, 4 today