Full-Time Business Development – Account Manager
LOCATION: Altona, Winnipeg or Home Office
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Account Manager is responsible for the acquisition, development, growth and maintenance of our business portfolio and brokerage relations for their predefined territory. This individual will be required to travel, with potential occasional overnight stays, throughout their territory to visit brokerages. They must possess strong relationship building and collaboration skills while fostering a sales culture for the growth and profitability of our business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Management of Red River Mutual’s broker relationships and defined territories
- Generation of new business development through acquisition and prospects of new brokers/ business portfolios
- Various administrative tasks as the role requires (scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, etc.)
- Frequent travel required
- Monitor portfolio performance, including retention rates, loss ratio and growth metrics.
- Assist in the development, execution and reporting of strategic plans/business plans alongside relevant management teams and departments
- Attend industry, broker and corporate events as a Red River Mutual company ambassador (including evening events)
- Development of tools, guides and other resources for our broker partners with the desired outcome of developing new business. This includes hosting presentations/training sessions, both virtual and in person.
- Maintain knowledge of current market trends and competitive landscape changes
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education in business or related field
- Minimum of 8 years’ related sales/business development experience
- Experience within the property and casualty insurance industry, specifically within commercial Ag (ex. Grain farms)
- Completion of or working towards their CIP designation considered an asset.
- Experience in developing and growing a sales culture within an organization
- Demonstrated sales success on new and existing business
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Customer service oriented and results focused
- Very strong business management (business plans, metrics, understanding of business drivers) capabilities
- Advanced strategic, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
How to ApplyApply online at https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/ We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
320 total views, 3 today