Full-Time Business Analyst
PLUS Underwriting Managers Ltd. is hiring a full-time Business Analyst to join our team in downtown Vancouver.
Business Analyst Role: We are looking for an experienced business analyst and primary IT point of contact to work with business partners and identify the best solution to deliver customer focused and sustainable results. You must be comfortable working with ERP type solutions. Where needed, you will use a combination of tools such as process modelling, user stories and prototypes to validate your understanding of business requirements. This role reports to Managing Director. You must thrive in a team environment, and have excellent communication skills.
PLUS Underwriting Managers Ltd. is a Managing Underwriting Agency licensed across Canada and distributes property & casualty insurance products through brokerage partners. Our vision is to blend traditional insurance delivery with technology for a modern approach. People + Technology.
- Planning, developing and maintaining a customer focused P&C insurance digital ecosystem comprised of policy quote management, billing & accounting, claims management and reporting functions.
- Performing business systems and workflow analysis, develop solution proposals and drive implementation.
- Supports technical teams on custom software development and integrations.
- Effectively collaborates with the IT team, business management, external vendors & consultants, end users and other stakeholders.
- Creates user guides, training curriculum, policies and other pertinent documentation for internal and external partners.
- Lead in user testing efforts, including test plans prior to testing, reviewing results of test plans, and managing resolution of testing conflicts.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Responsively and effectively handle any operational issues.
- Promote and model Plus culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, with a demonstrated expertise in business analysis techniques and practices.
- Hands on experience working with digital systems such as ERP or CRM or similar.
- Able to adjust to a steep learning curve in order to ramp up quickly on new projects.
- Knowledge of insurance or finance industry an asset.
- Familiar with agile project management.
- Knowledge of process modelling tools such as Visio, LucidChart and UML.
- A strong customer experience focus.
- Familiarity with project management software.
- Knowledge of insurance industry is not required but is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starter with excellent initiative and motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
21 total views, 1 today