Full-Time Broker; Commercial Insurance Center of Excellence
Aon Is Looking For A Broker; Commercial Insurance Center of Excellence BC & Yukon
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Broking Center of Excellence BC & Yukon within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Vancouver, BC. As a Broker, you will report directly to the Team Lead, Broking CoE.
Your Impact As A Broker; Commercial Insurance Center of Excellence BC & Yukon
- Collaborating with Account Executives to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
- Analyzing client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; preparing and presenting marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
- Establishing, and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
- Negotiating with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients;
- Verifying all policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance with terms and conditions;
- Following up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
- Approving documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
- Providing leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing the importance of best practices; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum three (3) years of commercial broking, marketing or underwriting experience required;
- Proven negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of commercial broking and/or marketing experience would be preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- General Insurance Level One (1) License required;
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License preferred;
- Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) 3 preferred, or a willingness to obtain;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 50,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to ApplyInterested parties are asked to apply via Aon's Careers Page at: http://jobs.aon.com/aon/broker-commercial-insurance-center-excellence
434 total views, 1 today