Full-Time Bodily Injury Examiner
Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have approximately 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
BODILY INJURY EXAMINER
We currently have an opening for a Bodily Injury Examiner. This role is based out of our Edmonton office. This role involves investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims. More specifically, the responsibilities include the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direction of detailed investigation, negotiation, evaluation, and resolution of bodily injury claims through independent adjusters, defense council, and other experts and stakeholders;
- Negotiate with plaintiff counsel to settle claims;
- Determine liability and verify entitlement to coverage;
- Collect and review medical documents and treatment plans;
- Attend mediations and examinations/questioning;
- Document all file activity;
- Maintain effective communication channels with claims department and liaising with adjusters, experts, management, and other claims representatives on technical administrative issues;
- In time of high volume, assist operations by examining overflow files;
- Various other duties as required.
- Extensive experience in a Bodily Injury role supplemented with post-secondary education and/or a CIP / FCIP designation or working towards same;
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to negotiate and critically analyze data and be decisive;
- Has a keen understanding of medical terminology and medical abbreviations;
- Knowledge of common types of trauma, their treatment, and recovery periods;
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Is familiar with auto contract and the Traffic Safety Act and Minor Injury Regulation.
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career submit your resume, stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
139 total views, 6 today