Part-Time Bilingual Consumer Service Officer (French & English)
The General Insurance OmbudService (GIO) is a federally-incorporated organization. Its members are property and casualty insurers. Its purpose is to provide dispute resolution services to resolve complaints between policyholders and their member insurers.
Position: Part Time Consumer Service Officer, GIO
Reports to: Executive Director, GIO
To provide support, guidance and information to consumers who have complaints with their property and casualty insurance company. The CSO must establish and maintain strong working relationships with consumers and industry representatives.
1. Respond to routine consumer inquiries, addresses concerns and provide solutions as appropriate
2. Research answers to complex consumer inquiries
3. Update complaint database by processing all types of consumer communication
4. Maintain accurate and complete correspondence
5. Anticipate consumer and company needs and respond accordingly
6. Assess and monitor complaint files and recommend or initiate communication with appropriate parties
7. Conduct appropriate proactive and/or follow up service calls to seek resolution on potential issues or outstanding items
8. Co-ordinate mediation and senior adjudication processes
9. Assist with outreach activities as needed (conventions, trade shows)
10. Assist with administrative activities as needed.
-College diploma, preferably in insurance or business administration
-Minimum of two (2) years of industry related experience or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
-CIP designation or working towards
-Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone and demonstrated excellence in delivering customer service
-Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as good time management and decision making abilities
-Organized, detail oriented and the ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
-Strong keyboarding skills and good working knowledge of MS office
-Must be bilingual (French and English)
How to ApplyPlease email resumes to Mr. Stan Griffin, Interim Executive Director at email@example.com Please note that only bilingual candidates (French & English) will be considered at this time.
470 total views, 1 today