Full-Time Bilingual Claims Analyst
ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada’s leading insurance management companies which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
Are you a self-motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving and client focused skills? Do you have a background in insurance, claims adjusting, financial, legal, engineering or environmental/construction field? Do you enjoy analyzing information; strategizing, negotiating and making decisions and building long lasting customer relationships? If this sounds like you, join our team and be part of our community.
We are currently seeking Bilingual Claims Analysts for our Professional Liability Claims Department where you will have the opportunity to work with adjusters, technical experts and legal counsel to develop and coordinate defense strategies in order to bring insurance claims to a prompt and final resolution.
What you will do:
- Review and assess new claims to determine coverage and take appropriate action
- Retain and instruct lawyers/adjusters and experts as required
- Determine liability and value of claim, set reserves accordingly, establish resolution plan
- Coordinate and control progress of files including liaison with lawyers, adjusters, insurers and insureds
- Report to insurers on large claims and present files at semi-annual insurers meetings
- Prepare for and attend settlement conferences and meditations
- Liaise with underwriting department with respect to claims
- Prepare and deliver presentations to insureds and brokers as well as “in-house” presentations/seminars
- Participate in risk management seminars and company events
- Some travel may be required
- What you bring
- Two to four years work experience and/or education background in: insurance, claims adjusting, finance/business, legal, project management, engineering or construction environmental technology
- Effective problem solving and strong analytical skills in order to analyze problems and develop/implement effective solutions
- Exceptional customer service skills in order to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed
- Strong decision making, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively function in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Outlook
- Fluent (both written and oral) in both official languages is mandatory.
- A leading managing general underwriter in Canada, ENCON has a rich history in specialty insurance, starting in the 1960s when it launched professional liability insurance for architects and engineers. Since then, ENCON has continually expanded its unique range of products and risk management services. Its enhanced technology solutions are driven by innovation and a nimble, change-oriented business philosophy. ENCON also offers life and health insurance services to support brokers and clients across all industries. It is based in Ottawa, Ontario with offices in Mississauga, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta.
How to Applyhttps://mmc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Ottawa---Blair-Place/Bilingual-Claims-Analyst---ENCON_R_062344-2
120 total views, 9 today