Full-Time Auto Field Appraiser
The Auto Field Appraiser contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the inspection and estimation of automobile physical damage and/or property damage claims including market value calculations. Daily travel is required. This position services the island of Montreal and surrounding area (North Shore). In compliance with GAA regulations, this position requires bilingualism (English and French). As this position is part of a national team, there will be a requirement to provide support to areas outside the province of Quebec.
- Inspect, evaluate and write appraisal estimates pertaining to the physical damage of automobile, homeowner, farm or commercial losses using estimating software
- Communicate with insureds, auto body shops, contractors and adjusters as required to ensure accurate and complete estimates
- Negotiate automobile total losses
- Estimate the value of automobile, homeowner, farm or commercial salvage
- Establish and maintain business relationship with independent repair contractors/vendor
- Assist adjusting personnel when necessary by providing expert advice on auto or property damage losses
- Assist in resolving issues that arise in regards to estimates
- Manage timely and efficient inspection appointments at various locations
- Perform re-inspections as assigned
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Supplement the National Catastrophe Team as required for Corporate Catastrophe Response in any region
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes, trends in the insurance industry, estimating practices and developments in vehicle or property repair procedures and materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Journeyman license for Auto Body and or Red Seal for out of province licenses
- 3+ years appraising experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of automobile repair procedures
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Mitchell Estimating Software
Homeowners, Farm & Commercial:
- 3+ years’ experience property field adjusting, with knowledge and experience in the creation/analysis of property repair estimates, or 2+ years’ experience as a building restoration estimator, or similar and related experience
- Fully proficient in French and English
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Position requires medium mobility at appraisal locations to include frequent bending and crouching to ground level, inside tight spaces, climbing ladders and periods of upward viewing and stretching to perform comprehensive estimates with photographs
- A valid driver license is required, along with maintaining a clean driving record. Position requires frequent extended periods of sitting behind the wheel of a company vehicle.
How to ApplyIf this looks like the right opportunity for you, please apply to the link below: https://jobs.wawanesa.com/job-invite/5609/ Competitive salary, career development opportunities, great benefits!
72 total views, 3 today