Full-Time Auto Adjuster – Intermediate
Insurance Career Network: Insurance Recruiters
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain confidential.
Intermediate Auto Adjuster
Responsible for investigating, evaluating and settling basic/routine auto insurance claims. Collects, reviews and analyzes claims information to determine vehicle damage and values; interprets applicable acts, regulations and policy coverages; and negotiates claims settlements.
- Investigates, negotiates and settles basic/routine claims in a fair and consistent manner.
- Secures information from insureds, third parties, witnesses and service providers.
- Reviews and interprets police reports, repair invoices and various other documents to bring claims to resolution.
- Assesses and evaluates coverage as it applies to the details of the loss.
- Administers claims payments/settlements.
- Recognizes and pursues subrogation or salvage opportunities.
- Monitors and updates customers at various stages of the claim and repair processes.
- Maintains updated electronic detailed notes.
- Arranges for the dispatch of vehicle damage appraisers or independent adjusters when required.
- Confirms coverage in accordance with the Ontario automobile policy.
- Monitors and maintains control of expenses such as rental, towing and storage.
- Supports corporate culture and vision which fosters positive relationships with our customers.
- Provides timely and professional customer service.
- Handles claims issues and provides resolutions in a proactive manner.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with claimants, insureds, brokers and service providers.
Education and Experience
- 4 Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) courses.
- Three years experience with increasing responsibility in a technical insurance role.
- Knowledge of Ontario’s automobile insurance legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of automobile insurance policy wording.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of insurance and techniques related to the settlement of claims.
- Skill in determining actual cash values, depreciation, and repair and replacement costs for vehicles.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and negotiation abilities and organizational skills.
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity.
204 total views, 6 today