Full-Time Assistant Director – Specialty Personal Insurance
Premier Group of Companies is a leader in the Specialty Insurance field. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Vancouver – Head Office
POSITION: Assistant Director – Specialty Personal Insurance
In this position you will be supporting and collaborating with the Executive Team in all aspects of workflow / management & development of personal underwriters / broker relations and premium production.
The main responsibilities are:
- Mentoring and assisting team in underwriting Personal Insurance risks (Specialty Personal Lines and Marine);
- Approving risks within authority levels , ensuring quality business is selected and written;
- Underwriting the larger accounts outside of team’s authority;
- Providing leadership & guidance to all Personal Lines/Marine Underwriting teams to implement company business plans. Working in conjunction with leadership team to foster an environment of underwriting quality and integrity;
- Monitor employee performance, training and development needs. Works with employees to build development objectives to ensure the progressive development of employees and the achievement of current and future objectives; Assist with the onboarding and training of new team members;
- Working in conjunction with teams and supporting carriers, to foster a seamless referral environment;
- Product development responsibility. Designing policy wordings, rating manuals, guidelines etc. etc.
- Works closely with Exec team to ensure products and services provided to our brokers are current and relevant; Directs, monitors and responds to the competitive market environment, identifying business challenges and opportunities and oversees communications and actions to resolve accordingly;
- Effectively communicates and implements changes pertaining to products and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with underwriting and corporate guidelines, standards and procedures by conducting regular audits of underwriting teams;
- Raising Premiers Profile with Brokers – assisting Leadership Team with Broker visits and Presenting seminars to brokers on Personal Lines/Marine products
- Ensure high-quality service is delivered to the brokers and support the underwriters ;
- Works with a high degree of autonomy and maintains continual personal development in the areas of people management, leadership and personal lines technical ability;
- All other related tasks.
- Minimum 10 years of Personal Lines/Marine underwriting experience, with thorough understanding of all products in Personal Insurance industry
- Leadership – identifies and seeks opportunities for growth with both internal & external teams;
- Ability to work in Team environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and effectively handle business/Underwriting and personnel situations.
- Ability to represent the company to and deal effectively with brokers
- Innovative – seeks to make a difference and have a lasting impact on the business;
- Collaborative – appreciates the value of engaging others and listening to other opinions and advice. Supports team through consistent and thoughtful mentorship;
- Self-motivated – embraces the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects
- Accountable – takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making;
- Strong computer skills (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in insurance related discipline
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or higher;
Vary based on qualifications of applicant.
Founded in 1990, Premier Group of Companies is Head quartered in Vancouver. Premier Group has branch locations in Toronto, London, Laval, San Diego, Seattle, and a subsidiary company in Santa Rosa California, with over 130 employees. Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer – www.premiergroup.ca
How to ApplyInterested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
82 total views, 7 today