Full-Time Underwriting Assistant
Position: Underwriting Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Department: Underwriting and Operations
Location: Toronto Office – Markham, Ontario
Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers (Canada) Limited (“Global”, “Company” or “We”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers Limited (Global), a world-leading provider of specialist aviation and aerospace insurance, servicing the needs of the aviation industry for over 95 years. Global operates as a Joint Underwriting Agency on behalf of a number of leading Insurance Companies (Insurance Pool members). Global is a full-service agency with authority for underwriting and claims delegated to Global by its participating Pool members.
Purpose of Position:
The strategic intent of this position is to provide the underwriting department with the administrative support needed to meet the longer-term goal of ensuring that Global remains the industry leader in its field.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide daily administrative support to the Operations and Underwriting Department under the direction of the Operations Manager. Duties will include, but are not limited to:-
- Processing of new and renewable aviation business including policy endorsement issuance and premium calculations utilizing Global systems.
- Development and issuance of insurance certificates that meet policy and regulatory requirements.
- Liaison and support to underwriters, finance staff and external clients to assist in the development of underwriting information requirements, checking and correction of premium discrepancies where necessary and endorsement clarification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1 or more years of experience in general administration and customer service
- Ability to understand, interpret, communicate, and apply corporate and administrative policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the company’s business mission and goals, and of the company’s departments, business practices and systems.
- Ability to be analytical in nature and proficient in the use and issuance of excel spreadsheets.
Problem Solving Ability
- Anticipates and responds to potential and existing problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Can analyze problems, understand the root cause and work with others to develop a methodical approach to resolving the problem, implementing an effective solution, and taking steps to ensure the same problem does not occur again.
- Demonstrates good judgment and understands when to take initiative to solve problems on his or her own and when to involve the manager.
- Acts on difficult or unpleasant tasks on a timely basis
- Possesses a high level of skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to promote the open exchange of ideas and information by role modeling open, honest communication within the team and across the company
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence; that is, the ability to understand and respond appropriately to the needs and feelings of others
- Ability to manage interpersonal and intergroup conflict, conduct difficult conversations, and deal with issues in a positive and respectful manner
- Reliable and team player with good communication skills
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager
Key Internal and External Contacts:
- Works closely with the Underwriting and Operations Department
- Some contact brokers and clients across Canada, by email and telephone.
- As necessary, works with other Canadian employees and managers at all levels.
- As necessary, works and liaises with employees and managers in other offices and regions throughout the group of companies.
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- Hybrid remote work flexibility
- A competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits Package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Professional Development Courses & Designations
- 100% tuition reimbursement for business-relevant courses and training
- Flexible paid time off
How to ApplyKindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Administrative Assitant
29 total views, 3 today