Full-Time Accounts Receivable Analyst I
Accounts Receivable Analyst I
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Receivable Analyst I will perform a variety of accounting and administrative functions within the department, mainly focusing on accounts receivable, within the department.
The candidate must possess strong customer service skills, be an effective team player, be detail oriented, and maintain integrity in all dealings. The Accounts Receivable Analyst I needs to learn new skills very easily, be adaptive to change, as well as be analytical and decisive while working within the parameters of assigned authority.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
Who We Are
Family Insurance is a managing general agent for Economical Insurance. As one of the BC’s Top Employers for 2021, we strive to be a provider of choice for auto and home insurance and an employer of choice in our industry. Our insurance policies are distributed to British Columbians through a network of independent insurance brokers across the province.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- We are a company that values community, wellness and work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including tuition reimbursement, company matched RRSP and fitness subsidies
- Generous time away, including vacation, personal leave and birthday leave
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Professional Development, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule – Currently, we are working remotely which will re-integrate to hybrid work environment when the office reopens
- Discounts on products and services
Note: The job duties listed below will be shared among the employees holding the position of Accounting Analyst I. Cross-training will occur and job duties may change from time to time.
Accounts Receivable – Broker Bill
- Receive, verify, and record incoming broker payments
- Reconcile broker payment statements including both manual data entry in Excel and automated matching tools
- Follow up with brokers regarding outstanding payments and missing statements
- Prepare and post journal entries to record cash received and required adjustments
- Prepare the month end aging report
Accounts Receivable – Direct Bill
- Handle telephone inquiries from customers (policy holders) and insurance brokers
- Coordinate payment arrangements with customers that are in delinquent status, ensuring the timely recovery of all outstanding amounts owing
- Receive and process daily Electronic File Transfer (EFT) files (rejected and returned items)
- Generate and distribute payment overdue notices and collection letters
- Cancel policies for non-payment and send policy cancellation letters
- Work with various departments to ensure the proper and timely application of customer credits
- Prepare daily deposits for all bank accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the company’s bank accounts as required
- Act as a back-up to other team members as required
- Other accounting projects and other administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in the field of accounting. Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- One to two years of relevant accounting experience, particularly in a high transaction volume accounts receivable role
- Must have a minimum of a Broker Level 1 License or be willing to obtain the license within the first 4 months of employment (cost covered by Family)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- A solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Strong initiative and analytical approach
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions with customers and co-workers
How to ApplyQualified candidates are asked to please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for this opportunity and a copy of your resume in one document at https://careers.familyins.com/?host=careers.familyins.com. Family’s office is located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit. The company offers a supportive and collaborative work culture with great employee perks. We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
35 total views, 1 today