|Petrela, Winter & Associates, a Navacord Partner, is a Petrela, Winter & Associates are bond and construction insurance brokers specializing exclusively in the construction industry.
Recognizing that human capital is a key driver to success and a competitive edge in today’s performance-based economy, we encourage an environment that supports professional, personal, and social development.
We are insurance brokers, but we recognize that first and foremost we are service providers, and this is the essence of who we are and what we do. Our attitude, philosophy, and organizational structure are all aimed at providing our clients with the most responsive, reliable and personalized service available in the marketplace. As a Petrela, Winter & Associates colleague, you can expect to benefit from the mentorship of seasoned and passionate professionals; working with like-minded, results-driven team members, extraordinary clients, and being associated with a highly esteemed brand.
Petrela, Winter & Associates, is hiring Bookkeeper for our Toronto location. If you are a positive, results-driven and responsible individual who is a meticulous, engaged professional that takes ownership over their role, we invite you to join our team.
- Responsible for full book-keeping responsibilities
- Ensure service providers and suppliers are reviewed and managed to ensure competitiveness.
- Reconcile customer accounts (receivables), Insurers (payables), and manage general vendor accounts
- Maintain property management and maintenance responsibilities
- Create, review Monthly reports and present to President.
- Perform payroll review and some HR coordination
- Year-end accounting coordination with Auditors
- Perform other administrative duties as requiredRequirements:
- 7+ years of accounting/book keeping experience required
- C.A. designation preferred
- Insurance or financial services experience desired, knowledge of TAM an asset
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records;
- Ability to implement process improvements
- Strong attention to detail; focused and have a high degree of data entry accuracy;
- Strong sense of responsibility and is highly self-motivated to acquire new skills, handle communications and organizational tasks with speed, accuracy, respect, discretion and clarity;
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org