Full-Time Account Manager – Farm and Agriculture
The Account Manager works within the Commercial Team acting as the primary intermediary between the sales team and insurance companies. The Account Manager ensures that BSI meets its service and sales goals in conjunction with the sales team and commercial agriculture division.
You are a dynamic person who understands the state of the insurance industry and marketplace. Underwriters know you mean business when you contact them, but do not ignore you. You have saved more insurance salespeople from peril than a Navy Seal team. When someone tries to use the hard market as an excuse your soothsayer personality and sweet-talking methods win them over to find a solution. You want to be the James Bond of insurance marketing so that underwriters and your fellow staff say, ‘nobody does it better’. You know that this industry needs to stop talking rate and can explain to both clients and insurers where the true value lies with their policy. Resourcefulness is your middle name, and you stake your reputation on being able to solve problems that even ancient Greek mathematicians could not. If you feel you are anywhere close to the above, keep reading and see what happens in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Account Manager assists the Producer in gathering, marketing and placement of new accounts.
- Working in a team environment, the incumbent is responsible for renewal preparation for existing clients.
- They will be required to market, negotiate terms and conditions with underwriters, execute and deliver policy documents in a timely fashion.
- Also responsible for invoicing, premium collection, claims tracking and maintaining EPIC database with account and prospect information
- While providing exceptional customer service, the incumbent must analyze customer’s risk profile and recommend products and services which suit their needs.
- Ability to work in a team environment and recognizes the importance of both high-quality customer service and the need for attention to detail
- A thorough understanding of Insurance markets, policies and procedures are essential to this position. The incumbent must have the ability to cultivate a positive image of BSI and its services.
Skills & Requirements:
- Has a diploma, certificate, degree, or experience in sales and marketing from the ag sector
- Has insurance designation, a level 2 broker with MB license from ICM or ag industry designation
- Farm insurance experience as an underwriter or broker, or equivalent in industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of products, wordings and technical underwriting or ag industry equivalent
- Strong and proficient computer skills using the Microsoft suite of products and experience using a broker management system standard in the industry
- Knowledge of terms, processes, and technical aspects related to commercial insurance
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, think independently, and act for the client’s best interests.
- Eagerness to work in a team and receive support and guidance in career path
How to ApplyIf you are looking for an exciting new opportunity working with an exceptional team, please email your résumé or send along an email of interest in confidence to email@example.com.
367 total views, 1 today