Full-Time Account Manager
You’re knowledgeable in the personal lines insurance industry with policies, products and customer service.
You’re a communicator – strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
You’re self-motivated – able to work independently and as a team.
If your answer is yes, check out our Account Manager role at Cowan Insurance Group.
What’s the ask?
The successful candidate will provide service excellence to our Personal Insurance customers and insurance markets by servicing and maintaining the existing portfolio as well as pursuing new business.
More specifically, the Account Manager will:
- Complete coverage reviews and recommendations and addressing client concerns
- Sales and service of personal lines insurance products
- Develop existing client accounts
- Key in changes and new business in company portals.
What does it take?
- 1+ years of insurance experience;
- RIBO license/and or ability to obtain;
- Strong customer service and caring attitude;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, excelling in areas of negotiation;
- Demonstrates sound judgement, ethics and integrity;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize & adapt to work in a fast-paced environment;
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset.
- Bilingual in English & French, oral and written, a strong asset
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplySend your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
118 total views, 1 today