|Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 66,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world’s best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon’s global partnership with Manchester United.
About Aon Risk Solutions
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise®, our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform®. For more information, visit aon.com/empowerresults.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Account Executive with experience working in an account management capacity on a Risk Management book of business. The position will be located at Aon’s 333 Preston Street, Ottawa, Ontario office.
- Distinctive Client Value
- Delivering continuous excellence in servicing an existing book.
- Developing knowledge of clients operations and risk exposures.
- Identifying specific client and prospect needs and developing innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Reviewing and revising insurance program in conjunction with the client to ensure complete and appropriate coverage.
- Introducing the service team to clients as their day-to-day point of contact for ongoing service needs and ensure smooth communication and coordination with the client.
- Coordinating and providing oversight to the account team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities and profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of services required.
- Gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding and knowledge of available Aon resources and solutions, and match those to client business requirements.
- Coordinating and leading the strategy for the account renewal and the ongoing activity and requirements during the year, working with the broking team in the marketing process and the negotiations with underwriters.
- Managing and overseeing the 120 day Renewal Process including preparing the renewal report, presenting to client for approval, obtaining the binding order, and reviewing policy documentation and delivering to client in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the reviewing of claims and managing the client issues around claims handling.
- Developing and managing the relationship at a senior level to become the client’s risk management advisor.
- Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Business Results:
- Producing new business and assisting in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities.
- Developing comprehensive annual and quarterly new business sales and development plans for identified targeted prospects and existing clients based on being accountable for pre-agreed financial goals.
- Developing new contacts and build relationships with prospects that align with the Region’s/Branch’s acknowledged targeted industry or segment groups.
- Providing the leadership necessary for development and delivery of insurance and industry related presentations/seminars prospects and clients as required.
- Acting as the visible face of Aon to the clients/prospects in the community, working to consistently prospect and facilitating lead generation activities.
- Performing other related duties as assigned to deliver business results and distinctive client value.
Skills and Education:
- University degree or equivalent
- RIBO license required
- CIP, FCIP and CRM is preferable, or working towards
- Minimum 5 years commercial insurance experience with Local or Regional Brokerage preferred
- Bilingual fluency in French would be an asset
- Education and Professional Development:
- Post-Secondary Degree with Business / Finance Focus
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations