Full-Time Account Executive – Commercial Insurance Ad Number: 24956
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 66,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world’s best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon’s global partnership with Manchester United.
About Aon Risk Solutions
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise®, our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform®. For more information, visit aon.com/empowerresults.
Account Executive; General Practice – Vancouver, BC (Job ID 2411470)
As an Account Executive with Aon Risk Solutions’ General Practice division, you are a leader of a service team that develops, presents, and manages risk. This role is responsible for providing cover strategy, business planning advice, and detailed service plans in support of current accounts, with a heavy focus on new business development. Other responsibilities will include:
- Delivering continuous excellence in servicing an existing book;
- Identifying specific client and prospect needs and developing innovative and cost effective solutions;
- Reviewing and revising insurance program in conjunction with the client to ensure complete and appropriate coverage;
- Coordinating / providing oversight to the account team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities and profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of services required;
- Coordinating / leading the strategy for the account renewal and the ongoing requirements during the year, working with the broking team in the marketing process and the negotiations with underwriters;
- Managing and overseeing the 120 day Renewal Process including preparing the renewal report, presenting to client for approval, obtaining the binding order, and reviewing policy documentation and delivering to client in a timely manner;
- Assisting in the reviewing of claims and managing the client issues around claims handling;
- Developing and managing the relationship to become the client’s risk management advisor;
- Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities;
- Producing new business and assisting in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities;
- Developing new contacts and build relationships with prospects that align with the Region’s/Branch’s acknowledged targeted industry or segment groups;
- Providing the leadership necessary for development and delivery of insurance and industry related presentations/seminars prospects and clients as required;
- Acting as the visible face of Aon to the clients/prospects in the community, working to consistently prospect and facilitating lead generation activities;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of commercial insurance and/or industry experience;
- Proven business development and sales experience;
- Established relationships within our industry and related associations;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Client relationship focused;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
Education and Professional Development
- Post-Secondary Degree (MBA, BBA) or equivalent preferred;
- General Insurance Level 2 License
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations are preferred;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB)/Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP).
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon’s employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon’s professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2411470
Category: Account Management Group
Location: Canada, BC, Vancouver
How to Apply
7960 total views, 1 today