Temporary Accident Benefit Specialist
Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have over 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
ACCIDENT BENEFIT SPECIALIST – 3 MONTH CONTRACT
We currently have an opening for a full-time temporary Accident Benefits Specialist in our Edmonton or Calgary locations. The duration of this position will be 3 months. This role involves the handling of both the Automobile and Accident Benefits portion of the claim, in most cases.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Confirming and explaining coverage is in place and how it applies to reported claims
- Investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling total loss claims
- Determining liability
- Explaining the claims process to clients for both automobile and accident benefits
- Obtaining recorded statements
- Collecting and reviewing medical documents and treatment plans
- Obtaining and verifying employment information
- Calculating benefit entitlements
- Authorizing treatment and arranging appropriate billing with clients or providers
- Corresponding with doctors, lawyers, treatment providers, employers, and clients
- Identify questionable claims
- Requesting and arranging MSE’s, IME’s and IDE’s
- Arranging for treatment at specialized facilities
- Documenting activity on the file and issuing payments on a timely basis
- Liaising with Brokers and Underwriters
- Various other duties as required
- Minimum of 3+ years of adjusting experience in a similar role (with at least 1 year of Accident Benefits experience would be preferred)
- Post-secondary diploma or degree and/or working towards a CIP/FCIP designation would be considered an asset
- Ability to negotiate and critically analyze data and be decisive
- Familiarity with auto contract and laws applicable to Accident Benefits coverage
- Awareness of medical terminology and medical abbreviations
- Knowledge of common types of traumas, their treatment and recovery periods
- Familiarity with human anatomy and physiology and the psychological consequences of trauma would be helpful in this position
- Possess highly developed interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to ApplyWorking at Peace Hills Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and an excellent work life balance are just a couple of the ways we do this If you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
138 total views, 2 today