Full-Time Underwriter – Property and Casualty
Insurance Career Network: Insurance Recruiters
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain CONFIDENTIAL
The P&C Underwriter is a highly motivated, team oriented individual who will contribute to a profitable book of business through sound underwriting decisions. In addition you will share your expertise and technical knowledge within the organization.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwriting new business, renewals and endorsements according underwriting guidelines, authority limits and company standards
- Search for solutions to complex problems
- Seek approval/assistance as required
- Processing all assigned work promptly and accurately, as Guidelines
- Working effectively within the team dynamic.
- Maintain knowledge of company and industry Underwriting policies, procedures and standards.
- Respond to broker requests and inquiries on a timely basis
- Managing relationships with brokers, including broker visits as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3 – 5 Years Commercial Underwriting Experience
- University Degree
- CIP Designation
- Thorough knowledge of policy wordings and limitations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
- Evaluate future loss potential
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Prepare insurance quotes
- Issue/endorse/cancel policies
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity.
66 total views, 1 today