Full-Time Senior Claims Consultant; Property & Casualty – Edmonton, AB (Job ID 2429489)
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Claims Consultant; Property & Casualty
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Claims division within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Edmonton, AB. As a Senior Claims Consultant, you will report directly to the Vice President & Regional Claims Manager; Western Canada.
Your Impact As A Senior Claims Consultant; Property & Casualty
- Consulting with clients on major losses, providing guidance and assistance with emphasis on claims preparation, submission, and resolution;
- Analyzing claims and coverage issues while guiding the claims process;
- Researching legal decisions and judgments on insurance contracts and claims as required;
- Taking the lead position with Account Executives and Brokers to resolve coverage disputes with insurers;
- Preparing reports on claims disputes for management review and guidance;
- Making recommendations to clients as appropriate for alternative dispute resolution;
- Developing and coordinating a claims resolution team working with legal counsel or others as may be appropriate;
- Coordinating and attending claims settlement meetings with clients and insurers;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of quality control standards;
- Providing general guidance and support to the Claims Management Team as required and approved by the Regional Claims Manager;
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with other claims professionals;
- Maintaining accurate time management records for billing purposes;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive claims handling experience in the property & casualty sector;
- Must have a strong knowledge base of a wide range of industries; including construction, public sector, auto and municipalities;
- General commercial insurance experience required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Previous claims experience with Errors & Omissions (E&O) / Directors & Officers (D&O) would be an asset;
- Experience with professional liability policies would be a benefit, but is not required.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- General Insurance Level One (1) License required;
- Certified Insurance Professional (CIP) designation required;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications.
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to ApplyInterested parties are asked to apply directly via Aon's Career Page at: http://jobs.aon.com/aon/senior-claims-consultant-property-casualty-edmonton-ab-job-id-2429489
74 total views, 3 today