Full-Time Claims Manager (Commercial Lines)
HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can pursue and develop your expertise while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
HSB BI&I is currently seeking a dynamic person who will proactively lead a team of Equipment Breakdown Claims Adjusters across Canada and be responsible for the quality and performance of the team. Situated in our Head Office in downtown Toronto, the Claims Manager, Commercial Lines will strengthen HSB BI&I’s claims capabilities by ensuring consistent quality, streamlining processes and continually pursuing added value for our customers.
- Provide direction to a team of expert and professional Claims Adjusters
- Engage and partner with external counsel, consultants, independent adjusters and engineers
- Liaise with reinsurance clients on claims management and emerging issues
- Collaborate with our internal industry experts to identify potential risks, hazards and trends
- Conduct frequent claims file reviews to maintain quality standards and exceptional customer service levels
- Review & participate in projects to optimize and enhance internal handling systems, business efficiencies, product development, and reporting within HSB Group
Qualifications & Experience:
- University Degree; CIP designation completed or in process
- 10-15 years of experience in commercial and property claims
- Technical background and/or education; familiarity with electrical, mechanical, pressure equipment or Equipment Breakdown exposure an asset
- Experience with litigation and subrogation
- Proficient knowledge of IBNR and reserves practices
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective mentoring/coaching capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid abilities in MS Office
How to ApplyCreating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs. If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CM0317-CU and send a covering letter along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
297 total views, 1 today