Temporary Business Process Analyst, National Risk Consulting Services
The Sovereign General Insurance Company is looking for a talented Business Process Analyst with strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail to support business operations to join our National Risk Consulting Services (NRCS) team. Your ability to think methodically and logically will serve you well as you support the organization in mapping, streamlining, and evolving of our core business processes. Strong communication is an asset as you will act as a liaison between NRCS, business stakeholders across the organization, and our IT department. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who enjoys challenging the status quo and is looking to grow their career within the insurance industry.
This is a temporary, full time role for a period of 12 months.
- Engage business stakeholders and subject matter experts to elicit a thorough understanding of current state business process cross-functional business processes.
- Capture current state cross-functional business processes and document them in the corporate business process repository.
- Facilitate the understanding and evolution of cross-functional business processes.
- Support the continuous improvement of the business processes by researching best practices, devising improvements, piloting new techniques, and creating more effective processes.
- Identify opportunities for the improvement and evolution of information systems in order to better support our business processes.
- Identify opportunities for strategic alignment of projects, and document requirements for future projects.
- Liaise effectively with the Business Systems Analyst assigned to the project, to ensure proper transition of requirements from business requirements through to technical (system) requirements.
- Engage business stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather, document, and validate detailed requirements for projects.
- Participate in the preparation of business case documents, project plans and other information needed by management to select and prioritize business initiatives, working with business project managers.
- Assist with preparing training materials, for users and external clients, including changes to business processes and/or systems.
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring and coaching business team members.
- Degree or diploma in Business or Information Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytical role in a project-related environment.
- Experience capturing/defining cross-functional business processes in BPMN format.
- Experience documenting BPMN or cross-functional business processes using Visio, ARIS, Signavio, Blueworks Live or similar process modeling tool preferred.
- Awareness and experience of other process-related analysis techniques (SIPOC, LEAN, FMEA, etc) is an asset.
- Ability to analyze business problems and identify multiple solution options with recommendations based on time, impact, and resources.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
How to ApplyYour Next Steps: To learn more about the impact you can make. Apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd! Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org *Please state the job title in your email subject line. Sovereign General Insurance is one of the major insurers in Canada, dealing exclusively with independent brokers. It is also a member of The Co-operators Group of Companies, giving it access to resources one would expect from a leading Canadian owned multi-product insurance company. The company emphasizes an innovative and entrepreneurial approach, endowing its staff with a sufficient level of authority to be responsive regionally to the needs of brokers and customers. For more information about Sovereign, please visit: http://www.sovereigngeneral.com/public_docs/careers/WhySovereign.php The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.
353 total views, 2 today