Part-Time Branch Manager (Williams Lake)
Our retained client, Hub International Barton Insurance is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada.
Hub International Barton Insurance is looking for a key Branch Manager in their Williams Lake, BC office.
Manage the day to day operations of the branch office by working with staff to maximize customer service and achieve “organic growth”. To achieve these goals, a manager must be able to promote and foster full engagement, set out clear expectations, develop core skills and ensure that the employees are in the right job. It is the manager’s responsibility to motivate employees and have them perform together as a team.
• Maintain a personal portfolio of business as necessary.
• Develop and implement a sales budget.
• Establish a business plan to meet the sales budget. The plan will include daily, weekly and monthly goals to achieve budgeted results.
• Implement and maintain plans and processes so results can be monitored.
• Encourage and coach staff to look for sales opportunities to achieve organic growth such as Lead Incentive Program, ICBC up selling and cross dating.
• Ensure that staff is maintaining an acceptable level of retention.
• Publish and share results with staff and hold regular sales meetings.
• Ensure that staff provides outstanding customer service.
• Monitor and maintain expenses to within established budget.
• Ensure that staffing levels are at acceptable levels and provide proper scheduling and allocation of staff.
• Monitor and manage vacation policy, staff time off, lateness and illness.
• Become familiar with and follow corporate policies and procedure and familiarize staff with same.
• Maintain and promote organized and tidy office environment.
• Maintain proper supervision and control of ICBC stock and documentation so office can achieve “satisfactory” or better audit results.
• Be willing to assist or help other branches.
• Monitor and manage accounts receivable to established policy.
• Ensure that employees have proper supplies and tools to do their jobs efficiently and professionally.
- Hold regular staff meetings.
• Identify training needs and ensure that staffs are appropriately trained.
• Promote and assist employees with career advancement.
• Complete Employee Performance Reviews in a timely manner.
• Be positive, consistent, and professional always.
• Recognize and reward the right behaviors.
• Deal quickly and fairly with inappropriate behavior.
• Encourage and invite employees to participate in decisions that affect the office or team.
• Encourage and assist staff in self-improvement such as educational courses, cross training and in participation in Leaders Way training.
• Support and take active role in Leaders Way training.
• Promote and support company sponsored social events.
• Lead by example. This is done by conducting yourself in a professional and honest manner, and with integrity at all times.Community Involvement
- Participate in and encourage staff involvement in company promotional events.
• Be actively involved in community/charitable organizations and encourage staff involvement.
• Search out and look for ways for staff to become involved or participate in community events.
• Promote the company by being good corporate citizen.
Candidate Requirements/Personal Attributes:
• A strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and the ability to work within a team environment.
• Strong decision making skills and ability to increase sales.
• Excellent communication skills, good listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
• Ability to make quick decisive confident decisions.
• Active role in furthering education with courses and seminars.
• Strong organizational, mathematical, writing/language and people skills.
- Strong commitment to develop others, teamwork, and customer satisfaction.
- Computer skills.
Required Experience & Education:
• Preference given to those with CAIB, AIIC or FIIC designation.
• Minimum level 2 license (level 3 preferred) with completed fundamental, CAIB II and III.
• Experience in Auto, Personal Lines and Commercial Lines is required.
• Previous sales management related experience preferred.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting “Branch Manager (Williams Lake)” or call Cliff Tang at 604-727-3141
43 total views, 6 today