Full-Time Bilingual Commercial Underwriter
EVEREST INSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA
BILINGUAL COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER
Everest Insurance Company of Canada (“Everest Canada”) is a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Group”). The Group is a Bermuda-based global reinsurer and insurer with over US$20 billion in assets and US$5 billion in annual gross written premium across all business platforms. Everest Canada was re-established in 2011 to serve the specialty commercial lines property and casualty insurance market in Canada, and is continuing to experience strong growth.
Everest Canada is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our Company in the position of Sports & Leisure Commercial Underwriter.
As a key member of our Sports & Leisure team and reporting to the Manager of the department, you will work alongside the underwriting team on P&C accounts throughout all Provinces. You will be accountable for all facets of renewal and new business production.
- Have a full understanding of corporate underwriting philosophies, authority and guidelines.
- Underwrite/analyze new business for risk profitability by assessing exposures and hazards as determined by review of underwriting data, claims, financial and engineering data.
- Underwrite renewal business according to current underwriting approach and philosophy in a service oriented environment, ensuring high renewal retention.
- Maintain the long term profitability of a portfolio of accounts, within the bounds of internal underwriting guidelines and individual underwriting authority. This includes the ability to successfully negotiate terms, conditions and pricing to achieve new business, renewal and profitability targets.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with contracted producers including solicitation of new business opportunities and participate in production trips and corporate functions for marketing purposes as required.
- Assist in the development and coordination of product and marketing efforts.
SKILLS REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum five years of progressive commercial underwriting experience in the sports and leisure segment
- Extensive knowledge of Property & Casualty underwriting, with a dedication to self-improvement and development.
- Minimum five years underwriting experience in the following sectors:
- Amateur, semi-professional and professional sports
- Leisure and recreational industries
- Adventure tourism, resorts and related occupancies
- E&O and D&O lines of coverage
- Event cancellation and non-appearance.
- Bilingualism (French and English); Quebec work experience a distinct asset.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with brokers and provide superior service.
- Knowledge of niche Sports and Leisure broker network a distinct asset.
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with peers.
- Strong prioritization skills to meet daily demand and deadlines to meet all service requirements.
- CIP and/or CRM designation
How to ApplyWe thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
267 total views, 3 today